Tabletop grills are perfect for those who enjoy outdoor cooking but have limited space. These compact grills can be used on a tabletop, making them ideal for small patios, balconies, and decks. They are also great for tailgating, camping, and picnics.
When looking for the best tabletop grill, the most critical thing to consider is the size. You want to make sure the grill is large enough to cook the food you want, but not too big that it takes up too much space. Other factors to consider include the type of fuel, the material, and the ease of cleaning.
Also see our guide for the best tailgating grill, which is a great alternative to a tabletop grill.
» You might be interested in the 6 Best Infrared Grills for 2023.
Tabletop grills come in various types, including gas, charcoal, and electric, each with its own advantages. We’ve used our fair share of tabletop grills, especially in our apartment days when we didn’t have the backyard we have today. We’ve rounded up the top options in this post for you to learn more about.
We think these 7 grills offer the best combination of size, fuel type, material, and ease of cleaning. You don’t have to have a huge grill in the backyard to enjoy delicious grilled food.
Best Tabletop Grills
Getting ready for a camping trip or just want to have a grill that can fit in your small space? We hear you! We’ve done quite a bit of research to find the best tabletop grill. We’ve got three on our patio right now, in fact. Which one is best, though? In this article, we’ve rounded up the best tabletop grills on the market, so you can find the perfect one for your needs.
Weber Q2000 Liquid Propane Grill (*Our top choice)
The Weber Q2000 liquid propane grill is a popular choice for outdoor cooking enthusiasts. This grill is designed to be compact and portable, making it perfect for use on camping trips, picnics, or backyard barbecues. Here are some pros and cons of the Weber Q2000 liquid propane grill:
- Compact size: The Weber Q2000 is a small grill that is easy to transport and store. It is perfect for those who have limited outdoor space or need a grill that can be easily packed up and taken on the go.
- Easy to use: The Weber Q2000 is designed to be user-friendly. It has an electronic ignition system that makes starting the grill quick and easy. The grill also has a built-in thermometer that helps you monitor the temperature of your food.
- High-quality construction: The Weber Q2000 is built to last. It is made from high-quality materials that are designed to withstand the elements. The grill is also easy to clean and maintain, which helps to prolong its lifespan.
- Limited cooking space: The Weber Q2000 is a small grill, which means that it has limited cooking space. This can be a problem if you are cooking for a large group of people or want to cook multiple items at once.
- Limited temperature control: The Weber Q2000 does not have as much temperature control as larger grills. This can make it difficult to cook certain types of food, such as thick cuts of meat or delicate fish.
- Price: The Weber Q2000 is a bit more expensive than other portable grills on the market. This may be a deterrent for some people who are looking for a more affordable option.
Overall, the Weber Q2000 liquid propane grill is a great choice for those who are looking for a compact and portable grill that is easy to use and built to last. While it may have some limitations, the pros of this grill outweigh the cons for many outdoor cooking enthusiasts.
If you’re looking for a portable tabletop grill that’s easy to set up and use, the Cuisinart Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill is a great option.
- No assembly required and can be set up in under 10 minutes with no tools or matches needed.
- Two stainless steel burners provide a total of 20,000 BTUs of heat for quick and even cooking.
- Lightweight and portable, making it easy to take anywhere.
- Sharp corners on the grill may be a concern for some users.
- Some users have reported issues with the lid not aligning properly.
- The included grill tote cover is only designed to fit certain Cuisinart grill models.
As a foodie dad with decades of grilling experience, I found the Cuisinart Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill to be a solid choice for a portable grill. The easy twist start ignition and adjustable burner knobs make it easy to control the heat of the grill, while the built-in thermometer helps monitor the temperature.
The stainless steel cooking grate is perfect for cooking large cuts of meat, and the grill’s lightweight design and comfortable carrying handle make it easy to take on the go.
If you’re looking for a durable and portable tabletop grill, the Megamaster Premium 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill is a great option.
- Heat-resistant and rust-resistant finish
- Durable stainless steel cooking grid
- A cooking power of 16,000 total BTUs
- Compatible with LP liquid propane only
- Flimsy control knobs
- Burners cannot be turned down very low
This grill is perfect for outdoor adventures, thanks to its foldable legs and lid lock system. The exterior is made of polished stainless steel for added durability and enhanced corrosion resistance. Inside, you’ll find an ultra-durable stainless steel cooking grid and 199-square inches of cooking space.
The two stainless steel burners are controlled independently with the easy press & turn ignition system. Flare ups don’t stand a chance with the two stainless steel flame tamers protecting the burners from any fat and drippings.
Each burner supplies 8,000 BTUs for a combined total of 16,000 BTUs of grilling power. This gives you the flexibility to grill two different foods at the same time at each own’s optimal cooking temperature. The durable stainless steel lid can be locked during transport to contain its contents.
However, it’s important to note that it is only compatible with LP liquid propane and the control knobs are a bit flimsy. Additionally, the burners cannot be turned down very low.
If you’re looking for a compact, portable, and efficient tabletop gas grill, the Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet is worth considering.
- The foldaway legs, generous carry handle, and lightweight design make it easy to transport and store.
- The 145-square-inch grilling area is large enough to cook family meals, and the porcelain-enameled grate distributes heat evenly.
- The powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner heats up quickly and uses less gas than a full-sized grill.
- The aluminum legs and stabilizing feet are not as sturdy as those of some other tabletop grills.
- The integrated lid lock can be tricky to operate, and the grill lid doesn’t seal tightly.
- The grill doesn’t come with a built-in thermometer, so you need to use an external one to monitor the temperature.
The Cuisinart CGG-180T is a versatile and convenient tabletop gas grill that can be used at home or on the go. It’s perfect for small outdoor spaces, picnics, camping trips, and tailgating events. The grill is easy to set up and use, and it heats up quickly and evenly. The foldaway legs and carrying handle make it easy to transport, and the spill-resistant drip tray makes it easy to clean.
However, the grill’s legs and stabilizing feet are not as sturdy as those of some other tabletop grills, and the lid lock can be a bit finicky.
If you’re looking for a portable and lightweight charcoal grill for outdoor cooking, the DNKMOR Portable Charcoal Grill is a great option.
- Light enough to take anywhere
- Perfect for grilling a small meal
- A versatile grill for one or two
- Relatively small cooking surface
- Lid doesn’t fit properly
- Difficult to carry
This compact small charcoal grill is made of solid metal and premium chrome wire mesh, which is heat and scratch-resistant, ensuring that the grill won’t rust and is easy to clean after long-time use. The cooking grid size is over 110 square inches of space, so it can cook four to six burgers and several hot dogs at a time. The lid locks tightly to the bowl, making it easy to move from place to place without making a huge mess.
The DNKMOR Portable Charcoal Grill is perfect for camping, beach, picnics, or barbecue party at least 3-4 people at a time. It’s a perfect size for small picnics in the backyard or the park, and it’s an excellent solution for a single, a couple, or a small family. The top of the lid with a chimney for ventilation, DNKMOR mini charcoal grill also includes one thermometer on the grill for better control taste from cooking.
If you are looking for a portable and innovative tabletop grill, Joyfair Portable Charcoal Grill Set is a great option that you should consider.
- The upgraded powder spraying technology reduces the risk of rusting, cracking, and peeling while withstanding high grilling temperatures reaches 750-800℉.
- The built-in lid thermometer and the chimney create a three-dimensional heating environment, allowing you to precisely control the internal temperature and lock the juice of food.
- The triangular structure and the wooden handle enhance the stability of the whole grill and make it anti-scald and easy to move.
- The cooking area of 13.5’’x8.8’’ is suitable for 2-4 people grilling, but it may not be enough for larger groups.
- Some customers reported that they received missing parts and had to contact customer service to get them.
- The grill rack may not be as thick as expected and may bend under heavy food.
Joyfair Portable Charcoal Grill Set comes with practical accessories, including a screwdriver, kitchen tong, silicone brush, cleaning stone, and 2 spice shakers, making it a super worth purchase. The lockable tongs feature a strong grip to grab food firmly, and the basting brush is easy to spread sauces on the foods without melting or discoloring. The cleaning stone can help you remove stubborn stains after grilling.
The extra thick steel provides sturdy construction without deformation, lasting for a long time use, and bringing you a reassuring BBQ time. The stainless steel grilling rack with chrome plating does not release any harmful substance, not easy to stick food, and easy to clean. The thicker outer ring for better stuck in the groove to avoid slipping and support heavy food with ease.
If you’re looking for a portable tabletop grill that’s easy to use and clean, the Cuisinart Grillster Portable Gas Grill is a great option.
- The 146-square-inch enameled steel cooking grate provides a spacious cooking surface and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- The 8,000 BTU burner and push-to-ignite start button offer plenty of power, and the grill works with a 1 lb. propane tank for ultimate portability.
- The compact design makes it easy to transport and ideal for decks, patios, balconies, camping, tailgating, and more.
- The lid latches down for easy transport, but it can be a bit tricky to lock and unlock.
- The grill can get quite hot, so be sure to keep an eye on your food to avoid burning it.
- The porcelain grate is not as durable as a stainless steel grate and can chip or crack over time.
The Cuisinart Grillster is a great choice for anyone looking for a portable tabletop grill that’s easy to use and clean. With its spacious cooking surface, powerful burner, and compact design, it’s perfect for everything from backyard barbecues to camping trips.
However, the lid can be a bit tricky to lock and unlock, and the porcelain grate is not as durable as a stainless steel grate.
When it comes to buying a tabletop grill, there are a few key features to consider to ensure you get the best product for your needs. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
Tabletop grills come in a range of sizes, so it’s important to choose one that fits your needs. Consider how many people you’ll be cooking for and how much space you have available. Keep in mind that larger grills may be more difficult to transport and store.
Tabletop grills can be powered by propane, charcoal, or electricity. Each fuel source has its own advantages and disadvantages, so consider which one is best for you. Propane and electric grills are generally easier to use and clean, while charcoal grills offer a more traditional grilling experience and can impart a unique flavor to your food.
The ability to control the temperature of your grill is crucial for achieving the perfect cook. Look for a tabletop grill with adjustable heat settings or a built-in thermometer to ensure your food is cooked to your liking.
Tabletop grills can be made from a variety of materials, including stainless steel, cast iron, and aluminum. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks, so consider which one is best for your needs. Stainless steel is durable and easy to clean, while cast iron retains heat well and can provide a more even cook.
If you plan to take your tabletop grill on the go, look for one that is lightweight and easy to transport. Some grills come with built-in handles or carrying cases for added convenience.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best tabletop grill for your needs and enjoy delicious grilled meals wherever you go.
What is the best brand for portable BBQ?
The best brand for a portable BBQ depends on your preferences and needs. Some popular brands include Weber, Coleman, and Cuisinart. It’s important to consider factors such as size, fuel type, and price when choosing a brand.
Are tabletop grills worth it?
Tabletop grills can be a great investment for those who enjoy outdoor cooking and want a portable option. They are also a good choice for those with limited outdoor space. However, they may not be the best option for those who need to cook for large groups or want more advanced features.
Best portable grill for camping?
The best portable grill for camping will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include the Weber Q1200, Coleman RoadTrip, and Cuisinart CGG-180T. It’s important to consider factors such as size, fuel type, and ease of use when choosing a grill for camping.
Best portable grill for tailgating?
The best portable grill for tailgating will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include the Weber Q2200, Coleman RoadTrip, and Blackstone Tailgater. It’s important to consider factors such as size, fuel type, and ease of transport when choosing a grill for tailgating.
Laura is a passionate home cook and grill enthusiast who has spent years perfecting her culinary skills, with a particular focus on grilling techniques and flavor combinations. Her fascination with the grill, smoke, and the mouthwatering results they produce has led her on an exciting journey to discover the best methods for grilling delicious and unforgettable meals.