This delicious Smores Bars recipe is a perfect way to enjoy the classic campfire treat. The gooey and sweet dessert features a crunchy graham cracker base and a rich chocolate topping made from melted chocolate chips and marshmallows.
» You might also like this Brookies Recipe with Oreos and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
🥧 If you’re interested in more great recipes, I share all my favorite recipes at A Food Lover’s Kitchen, Instant Pot recipes over at A Pressure Cooker Kitchen, air fryer recipes at Air Fry Anytime, and cocktails and drinks at Savored Sips. Check it out today!
Smores Bars are a delicious and easy way to bring the classic campfire treat to your own kitchen. Made with just six simple ingredients, these bars are sure to become a favorite summer dessert. Not only do they taste incredible, but they’re also a breeze to make.
These bars offer the perfect balance between crunch and sweetness, with just enough indulgence to satisfy any sweet tooth. Plus, they’re portable and can easily be made ahead of time so you won’t have to worry about last-minute preparation when it comes time for summer gatherings.
- Graham crackers – You can buy any brand you like. It’ll take about 1 box.
- Melted Butter –
- Brown Sugar
- Chocolate Chips – Chocolate chips are perfect for melting chocolate
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Mini Marshmallows – I prefer to use mini marshmallows for this recipe as they toast more evenly
How to Make Smores Bars
Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a 9″x13″ baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. This will make it way easier to get the smores out of the pan without breaking them up.
Step One: Prepare the Crust
In a food processor or mini chopper, pulse the graham crackers until they are finely chopped.
Add the melted butter and brown sugar to the food processor with the graham crackers and pulse until the mixture resembles gravel.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press down firmly to form a crust. Bake on the center rack until golden, about 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven. While it’s cooling, you can move on to the next step.
Step Two: Prepare the Chocolate
Set up a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Make sure it doesn’t boil. If it’s too hot, it can burn the chocolate. You want to just gently melt the chocolate.
Place the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in the top bowl and stir constantly until they’re fully melted.
Pour the chocolate sauce over the cooled crust. Quickly even it out with the back of a spoon. Let it cool for about 15 minutes to set up the chocolate.
Step Three: Add the Marshmallows
Scatter the marshmallows over the top of the chocolate until they’re in an even layer.
Step Four: Broil
Heat the oven on broil with the rack near the top of the oven.
Place the baking pan under the broiler until the marshmallows are toasted and puffy, about 2 minutes. Keep a sharp one on them so you don’t end up burning them. It happens quickly, just as it does when roasting in the fire.
Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
Remove the bars from the pan using the parchment paper to pull them out. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Some Tips for Making Smores Bars
- For easier clean-up, line your baking dish with parchment paper. This will make it simple to lift the bars out of the pan once they’re cooled.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can place the graham crackers in a resealable plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy pan.
- Choose your preferred type of chocolate chips for the recipe. You can use milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate, or even a combination for different flavor profiles.
- To add a fun twist, you can drizzle melted chocolate or caramel sauce over the cooled bars for an extra touch of sweetness and decoration.
- Serve the S’mores Bars with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for extra taste.
- The smores can be served warm or cool. I prefer them warm, with the chocolate slightly melted. You can reheat any leftovers in the oven on 375 degrees F for 6 minutes.
How to Store
Airtight Container: Store the S’mores Bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Ensure that the container is tightly sealed to keep them fresh.
Plastic Wrap: Individually wrap each S’mores Bar in plastic wrap, then place them in a resealable bag or airtight container. This method is convenient for grab-and-go portions.
Cookie Tin: Transfer the bars to a tin or cookie tin with a tight-fitting lid. This option helps protect the bars from getting crushed or exposed to air.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make Smores Bars in advance?
Yes, you can make S’mores Bars in advance. Leave them in the baking pan you made them in and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake them. Bake for about 6 minutes on 375° F to reheat them. They’ll keep in the refrigerator or in an air tight container on the counter for 5-7 days.
Can I freeze Smores Bars?
Yes, S’mores Bars can be frozen. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in freezer bags. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator or at room temperature before serving.
Can I add nuts or other mix-ins to the Smores Bars?
You can add chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans to the bars to add extra crunch and flavor. Simply mix them in with the chocolate chips before layering.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Like this recipe? We’d love for you to share it on your Pinterest board! Click to follow our Pinterest boards so you can find all our recipes!
Instagram it! If you try this recipe please tag #legendsofthegrill on Instagram or Twitter. We love to see your photos of our recipes! Also follow us on Facebook to keep up on what we’re cooking up.
Easy Smores Bars Recipe
- 2 sleeves graham crackers 18 sheets
- 2/3 cup (158 ml) melted butter
- 2 tablespoons (24 g) brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (225 g) chocolate chips
- 10 ounces (284 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a 9″x13″ baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until they are finely chopped.
- Add the melted butter and brown sugar to the food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles gravel.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press down firmly to form a crust.
- Bake on the center rack until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Set up a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Make sure it doesn’t boil.
- Place the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in the bowl and stir constantly until fully melted.
- Pour it over the crust. Quickly even it out with the back of a spoon. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes
- Scatter the marshmallows over the top of the chocolate.
- Heat the oven on broil with the rack near the top of the oven.
- Place the baking pan under the broiler until the marshmallows are toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bars from the pan with the parchment paper. Cut and enjoy.
Laura is a passionate home cook and grill enthusiast who has spent years perfecting her culinary skills, with a particular focus on grilling techniques and flavor combinations. Her fascination with the grill, smoke, and the mouthwatering results they produce has led her on an exciting journey to discover the best methods for grilling delicious and unforgettable meals.